The State of Worldly Philosophy: Past Visions of New School Economics
Sixty years after the publication of Robert Heilbroner’s “The Worldly Philosophers,” the economics department (http://www.newschool.edu/nssr/economics) at The New School for Social Research (http://www.newschool.edu/nssr) welcomes a colloquium hosted by the Economics Student Union (ESU).
– David Howell, The New School
– Edward Nell, The New School
– Anwar Shaikh, The New School
– Mark Larrimore, The New School
Since its founding in 1919 as a refuge from political repression within the academy, The New School has had a reputation of being a fount and record of Worldly Philosophy within the social sciences. In the wake of the ongoing economic crisis as well as the crisis of the economic discipline, we will continue that tradition by discussing our department’s vision in light of its history.
- A la Calle que ya es hora (993)
- Clásicos del marxismo (26)
- Economía marxista (545)
- Feminismo marxista (48)
- Filosofía marxista (508)
- Multimedia (479)
- Psicología marxista (152)
- Socio-ecología marxista (48)
- Teoría crítica acumulada (976)