XVI International Conference “Ilyenkov Readings”. E.V. Ilyenkov: Dialectics and Culture (on the 90th anniversary of the philosopher) 10 – 12 April 2014
Modern Academy for the Humanities Philosophical Society “Dialectics and Culture” All-Russian Social Movement “Alternatives” Alexander Institute, University of Helsinki (Finland) “Historical Materialism” Journal (UK)
We invite you to take part in XVI International Conference “Ilyenkov Readings”.
Its topic is
E.V. Ilyenkov: Dialectics and Culture
(on the 90th anniversary of the philosopher)
10 – 12 April 2014
The conference will be held at Modern Academy for the Humanities, at the address: Moscow, 32 Nizhegorodskaya str. The following issues are scheduled to be discussed:
1. Ilyenkov and humanistic tradition in the world of philosophy
2. The dialectics as the logic of history
3. Future through the lens of concrete historicism
4. Ilyenkov’s role in the development of cultural-historical psychology
5. Dialectical logic and contradictions of the modern culture
6. Vector of history: from the particular individuum to the universal personality
7. Ilyenkov versus the aesthetics of modernism and postmodernism
8. Modern Russia: progress, regress or the reversion of history
As a part of the Readings, there are planned:
– the round table discussion “Ilyenkov and the historical fate of political economy”
– a master class “Ilyenkov’s works and the contemporary pedagogy”
The Organizing Committee:
SGA Vice Rector for Research Prof. G.I. Pismensky
Head of the SGA Department of Philosophy Prof. S.N. Mareyev
President of the Philosophical Society “Dialectics and Culture” Prof. G.V. Lobastov
Coordinator of the All-Russian Social Movement “Alternatives” A.V. Buzgalin
Prof. V. Oittinen, University of Helsinki
• Prof. L.K. Naumenko
• Prof. E.V. Mareyeva
• A.A. Sorokin
• V.A. Lazutkin
• Prof. O.F. Ivashchuk (Rostov-on-Don)
• A.D. Maidansky (Belgorod)
• Prof. A.N. Shimin (Voronezh)
• V.M. Mamchits
To participate in the Readings one should send a application
to the Organizing Committee and the text of the article.
The deadline is March 1, 2014.
You should specify in the application:
• Last name, first name
• Place of work: organization (university, faculty, department, etc.)
• Position, degree, academic title
• Postal address, zip code, telephone number, e-mail.
The file name of the application is the author’s name.
The file name of the article is the surname and first three words of the title of the article.
The article should be presented in Ms Word .doc or .rtf format
The text is up to 12 000 characters, including spaces.
Email address for sending the files is firstname.lastname@example.org