“The Revolutionary Class Today”: David Harvey
Text from Boitempo Editorial:
David Harvey talks about how to conceive of and organize the working class in contemporary circumstances. Different from its classical, factory-based, guise, the working class today is fragmented and scattered throughout the urban setting. In this context, Harvey emphasizes the importance of thinking up new territorial strategies for class struggle – a terrain more explored by the anarchist tradition than the classical Marxist one. He then, paraphrasing Murray Bookchin, insists that the future of the left depends crucially on our capacity for putting together the best of Marxism with the best of anarchism. A must see video.
The clip is an excerpt of the closing panel of Boitempo’s Rebel Cities International Seminar, that took place in São Paulo, Brazil in June 2015 and celebrated the publication of the Brazilian edition of Professor Harvey’s PARIS, CAPITAL OF MODERNITY (http://bit.ly/ParisHarvey).
A video recording of the full panel is available online here: http://bit.ly/cidadesrebeldesenglish
- A la Calle que ya es hora (964)
- Clásicos del marxismo (24)
- Economía marxista (534)
- Feminismo marxista (41)
- Filosofía marxista (494)
- Multimedia (471)
- Psicología marxista (152)
- Socio-ecología marxista (48)
- Teoría crítica acumulada (950)
- RT @Hayden_King: When Colten's mother was told of her son's murder, she broke down. The RCMP dragged her up, asking if she was drunk. https… 20 hours ago
- RT @ATAAC_: Mireu amb quins patrons ens trobem en el nostre sector. Per això hem construït un sindicat, per trencar la por #sexisme #antisi… 1 day ago