“Syriza and socialist strategy”: Stathis Kouvelakis, Alex Callinicos
with Stathis Kouvelakis, member of Syriza’s central committee and Alex Callinicos, editor, International Socialism.
The victory of Syriza in the Greek elections has raised important debates about how to achieve fundamental social change. Can the new government overthrow austerity and, more fundamentally, is this confirmation of the method of “seizing power by elections, but combining that with social mobilisation” as Stathis Kouvelakis has written?
Alex Callinicos has said that “revolutionary socialists should celebrate the new government’s victory and support the progressive measures it takes. But the entire Greek radical left will be judged by how successfully they promote working people’s self-organisation, confidence, and combativity. That is where the power to end austerity lies.”
- A la Calle que ya es hora (964)
- Clásicos del marxismo (24)
- Economía marxista (534)
- Feminismo marxista (41)
- Filosofía marxista (494)
- Multimedia (471)
- Psicología marxista (152)
- Socio-ecología marxista (48)
- Teoría crítica acumulada (950)
- RT @Anthropogo: *Revolutions in Rojava and Beyond* short films & panel w @jbiehlvt @ercanayboga & #DilarDirik 3 Nov, Brighton UK https://t.… 6 hours ago
- RT @haymarketbooks: Imperialist Feminism // Don't miss @ProfessorKumar at Purdue University next Tuesday, Nov. 1 https://t.co/HnAvCc4JD2 6 hours ago