“A Companion to Marx’s Capital, Volume 2″: David Harvey
The definitive guide to the second volume of Capital
The biggest financial crisis since the Great Depression shows no sign of ending, and Marx’s work remains key to any attempt to understand the ebb and flow of capitalist economies. For nearly forty years, David Harvey has written and lectured on Capital, becoming one of the world’s foremost Marx scholars.
Based on his recent lectures, and following the success of his companion to the first volume of Capital, Harvey turns his attention to Volume 2, aiming to bring his depth of learning to a broader audience, guiding first-time readers through a fascinating and often-neglected text. Whereas Volume 1 focuses on production, Volume 2 looks at how value comes into being through the buying and selling of goods. Harvey also introduces elements from Volume 3 on credit and finance to help illustrate aspects of the contemporary crisis.
This is a must-read for anyone wanting a fuller understanding of Marx’s political economy. David Harvey’s video lecture course on Marx’s Capital can be found here.
Part of the A Companion to Marx’s Capital series
Available now from Verso. Description from Verso website:
Available now from:
And as an eBook
- A la Calle que ya es hora (600)
- Clásicos del marxismo (20)
- Economía marxista (415)
- Feminismo marxista (25)
- Filosofía marxista (309)
- Multimedia (321)
- Psicología marxista (125)
- Socio-ecología marxista (38)
- Teoría crítica acumulada (625)
- RT @Jjesus_CRz: @marxismocritico El reciente libro de Jorge Veraza. A proposito del Manifiesto Comunista #PDF vicepresidencia.gob.bo/IMG/pdf/iiicab… http:/… 5 hours ago
- The Act of Killing (2012) online gnula.nu/documental/ver… cc @emma__gine @paullonch @ivan_gordi @milvietnams vía el gran @Lafonmag 8 hours ago